Guest Services – Mosaic Place
Guest Services – Mosaic Place
Mosaic Place management is dedicated to providing an exciting and memorable guest experience while ensuring the safety and security of all Guests. The following guide provides information and policies/rules for attending any Mosaic Place event. These policies apply to all guests. Guests who violate any of the policies will be escorted by security out of the arena. Additionally, Mosaic Place management reserves the right to suspend season ticket privileges for guests who do not comply with these event policies.
Please see our Guest Services – Disabled Services page for information regarding accessibility.
Mosaic Place is located at 110 – 1st Avenue NW, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, S6H 0Y8. For more information, contact email@example.com.
For safety and as a courtesy to other guests, aisles must be kept clear at all times. Please follow the directions of the usher in your section to your assigned ticketed seat and refrain from standing in the aisles.
Alcohol Serving and Consumption
Mosaic Place and its food and beverage concessionaires have adopted an alcohol policy that is designed to protect Guests and the community from alcohol-related incidents.
Guests are expected to obey all provincial laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 19 to consume alcoholic beverages. In addition, the following items are to be noted:
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served in containers larger than 24 ounces.
- There shall be a maximum limit of two alcoholic beverages sold to each Guest, per purchase.
- All Guests who appear to be younger than the age of thirty-five (35) will be asked to show positive identification prior to being served alcoholic beverages.
- Mosaic Place reserves the right to eject anyone under the age of nineteen (19) who is observed to be consuming alcohol on the premises or who appears to be visibly intoxicated.
- Mosaic Place and its food and beverage concessionaires will implement ongoing responsible alcohol management training sessions for its serving staff.
- Service of alcohol in the arena will stop when the official game clock indicates 12-minutes until the end of the game.
Animals or pets of any kind are prohibited with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities and/or special needs. Services animals are welcomed into the building and must remain on a leash or harness at all times. If you intend to bring a service animal into the building, please visit the Mosaic Place administration office with the appropriate support documentation.
Cash machines are located in the following locations:
- · Mosaic Place Box Office
- · Main Concourse
- · For guests’ convenience, most Mosaic Place concessions, bars, and merchandise kiosks accept Interac, VISA and MasterCard.
All bags larger than 14″; square, i.e. backpacks, suitcases, beach bags, etc. will be prohibited from entry into the arena.
Non-professional, non-flash still photography is acceptable at most events. However, for some events at the request of the artist/performer/team, cameras of any type may be prohibited. Video recording devices, audio recording devices, monopods, tripods, and cameras with telephoto or interchangeable lenses (professional photography equipment) are not permitted inside Mosaic Place at any time, unless written permission has been granted from Mosaic Place management. Video recording on any device and/or flash photography is prohibited at all times, unless written permission has been granted from Mosaic Place management. This policy will be strictly enforced and management reserves the right to deny any electronic device at their discretion.
For all sporting events and most concerts, children 2 years of age and younger will be admitted into Mosaic Place without a ticket provided that they sit on an adult’s lap and do not occupy a seat. Any child 3 years of age and older will require a ticket to enter the arena. Please note that some shows (especially those intended for children) will have a different age policy. If you are uncertain about the policy, feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 306-624-2040.
Code of Conduct
Mosaic Place is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Guests have a right to expect an environment where:
- · Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all venue personnel.
- · Guests will enjoy every event free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- · Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- · Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- · Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court/stage will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- · Guests will not smoke in the venue, but in designated smoking areas only.
- · There will not be any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing.
- · Guests will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- · Guests will also be responsible for their own good time by reporting inappropriate behavior.
- · Guests will be able to communicate instantly, discreetly and directly with Mosaic Place’s security command center if assistance is needed in dealing with an unruly fan, a cleanup in their section or any issues and concerns that a guest may feel the need to report.
Mosaic Place staff has been trained to intervene when deemed necessary and to use their best discretion to help ensure that guests who ignore the Code of Conduct do not interfere with other guests’ ability to enjoy an event. Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest. Season ticket holders may also be subject to having their season subscription revoked. We thank you for your cooperation.
Mosaic Place offers a wide variety of food and beverage items for our guests’ enjoyment.
Mosaic Place Guest Services welcomes all feedback, questions, and concerns from our guests. To contact us via e-mail, use email@example.com. Most e-mails will receive a return reply within 24 hours. If your question concerns the event on that day, please call us at 306-624-2040.
Please visit our Guest Services – Disabled Services page for a complete list of services offered to guests with special needs.
All Guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest. Ejected Guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
Disturbances include, but are not limited to, the following:
- · Standing on chairs
- · Placing children on shoulders
- · Drunk and disorderly conduct
- · Fighting or challenging others to fight
- · “Mooning” or exposing private body parts
- · Interference with or delay of the game/event
- · Violation of Mosaic Place’s event policies
- · Violation of the provincial laws
- · Igniting and display of flames, i.e. lighters / matches, in the facility bowl
- · Attempting to enter the field of play, court, stage or backstage areas without permission
- · Throw, discharge, or launch any liquid substance or objects
- · Willfully and maliciously disturbing another Guest / employee with loud and unreasonable noise
- · Using profanity and/or offensive words, which are likely to provoke a violent reaction from others
- · Taunting or using offensive language against the players, referees, or performers
The time the doors to Mosaic Place open will vary according to the event.
All guests in attendance are required to wear a shirt and shoes at all times for their own safety. Mosaic Place management reserves the right to deny entry to guests wearing clothing items displaying offensive text and/or images.
Mosaic Place works on a continuing basis with the Moose Jaw Fire Department, the Moose Jaw Police Department, and other agencies in the development of specific Emergency Procedures Plans for each event. Mosaic Place recognizes that its goal is to provide a safe, enjoyable atmosphere. The use of installed automated security systems, appropriate security operating plans, trained guest services and security personnel will ensure the security and safety of all guests, performers, and employees at Mosaic Place. In the case of an emergency, Guests must comply with requests from venue staff regarding arena operations and emergency
All restrooms facilities at Mosaic Place are wheelchair accessible and are clearly marked. In addition, we have unisex/family restrooms available in two locations on the Main Concourse.
Trained emergency medical technicians (EMT) personnel are available to assist any guest in need at every Mosaic Place event. The First Aid office is located on the dressing room level, northeast corner next to Boh’s Skate Sharpening kiosk. In the event of a medical emergency, contact a member of our Mosaic staff or Security staff for assistance. Mosaic Place is equipped with an AED – Automated External Defibrillator located in the ice level hallway adjacent to the south players’ bench.
Food and Beverage
Guests may not bring food and/or beverage items into the arena during events. Guests must dispose of the unauthorized items prior to entrance into the arena or return them to their vehicle. Guest Services Centers will not check-in or store any food or beverage items. Guest with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact the Guest Services department.
Mosaic Place is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Please view our Code of Conduct.
Mosaic Place reserves the right to deny entry to intoxicated guests. Any intoxicated Guests causing a disturbance during an event will be asked to leave the facility and may be subject to arrest.
Lost and Found
Mosaic Place management assumes no responsibility for items lost at events. All lost and found items are taken to the Mosaic Place administration office, located inside the Grand Plaza entry at the facility’s northeast corner. After the conclusion of the event, if the lost item is not retrieved, guests may contact Mosaic Place at 306-624-2040 to inquire about the lost item.
Mosaic Place has a “no re-entry” policy during events. Guests who wish to return a prohibited item to their vehicle or need to exit and re-enter due to personal emergencies, must first make contact with a Guest Services supervisor or manager via the Guest Services Centers to make necessary arrangements.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all Mosaic Place events. Please visit the links below for specific policies/information.
- · Weapons
- · Outside Food and Beverage
- · Cameras: no flash/professional photography
- · Recording Devices
- · Bags: Backpacks, Large Bags, Suitcases
- · Signs/Flags/Banners/Posters/Pamphlets
- · Tripods/ Monopods, Laser Pointers, Alcohol, Drugs, Noise Making Devices, Fireworks, Flashlights, Skateboards/ Rollerblades, Beach Balls, Cans or Bottles.
Guests may not bring audio or video recording devices into the arena. These devices include, but are not limited to, video cameras/camcorders and audio recording devices. Any equipment not conforming to these rules must be removed from the premises or left with the Guest Services Center on the Main Concourse during the event.
Restrooms are located on every level of the arena. All restrooms have disability access as well as baby change stations.
Seating capacities vary for every Mosaic Place event. For hockey, the capacity is 4,465. For concerts and other special events, the capacity reaches 5,000+ guests, depending on the set-up of the event.
Unless otherwise specified by teams and/or event officials/management, Mosaic Place welcomes guests bringing small signs, flags, banners, and posters inside the building to show fan support during events. The following guidelines relate to these items:
- · Item must be related to event
- · Item may not be attached to a stick/pole
- · Item may not be larger than 11″ x 17″ in dimension
- · Item may not obstruct any sponsors/advertisers signage
- · Item may not be hung, attached, or displayed on any part of the building
- · Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by Mosaic Place management
- · Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that mat obstruct the view of other guests or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by Mosaic Place management
- Guests are not allowed to hand out pamphlets, advertisement brochures, etc. to other guests while inside or outside the building, without prior approval from Mosaic Place management.
Smoking is not permitted on the property at any time. Smoking receptacles are located at high traffic areas on the property’s perimeters.
The resale of tickets is against the law and will not be permitted in and around the property of Mosaic Place. Violators will be reported to the Moose Jaw Police Department. To avoid problems with counterfeit, stolen or voided tickets, Guests should make your purchases through authorized outlets only.
Please see the mosaicplace.ca web page for information on purchasing tickets.