Warriors Weekly UpdateOct 29, 2012 - 08:22 GMT
Warriors Go .500 over weekend… Moose Jaw went 1-1-1 during a three-in-three weekend. Friday night Brayden Point scored two power play goals and Sam Fioretti picked up the game winner in the third period as they down Prince Albert 3-2. Saturday the Raiders got their revenge, Mike Winther had a hat trick in a 5-1 Prince Albert win.
The weekend wrapped up Sunday at Mosaic Place with the Warriors first meeting of the season against Medicine Hat. Justin Kirsch and Curtis Valk had first period goals, and after a scoreless second they went into the third tied at one. Dylan Bredo gave the Tigers the lead at 5:44 but Sam Fioretti was able to tie the game at 12:25 with a power play marker. In overtime Boston Leier set up Bredo on top of the Warrior crease for the game winner. Justin Paulic made 25 saves in the loss while Cam Lanigan made 28 for the win.
@ Brandon, Friday… Friday the Warriors will open another three-in-three weekend with their first trip of the season to Brandon. Moose Jaw is 1-0 against Brandon this season, winning their only meeting 6-1 back on September 29th at Mosaic Place. Sam Fioretti has three goals and four points against the Wheat Kings; Jordan Wyton has a goal and three points; Carter Hansen and Morgan Rielly have two points each; Justin Paulic has a 1.00gaa and .947sv%; Eric Roy has the only Wheat Kings goal; Corbin Boes is 0-1 with a 9.00gaa and .739sv%.
V Seattle, Saturday… Saturday when the Warriors host the Seattle Thunderbirds it will mark their only meeting of the season. Last year Seattle shutout the Warriors 2-0 in their only meeting of the season, Calvin Pickard recorded the shutout. Moose Jaw is 4-1 against the T-Birds in the last five years, which includes a 2-0 record at home.
V Calgary, Sunday… This will be the first meeting of the season between the Warriors and Hitmen, last year they split their four game season series, both clubs managed one road win each. Cam Braes led the Warriors with six goals and nine points against the Hitmen; Justin Kirsch had one goal and five points; Quinton Howden had four points; James Henry and Kenton Miller had three points each. Jimmy Bubnick and Trevor Cheek led the Hitmen with one goal and six points each against the Warriors; Brady Brassart had three goals and five points; Cody Sylvester had one goal and four points.
- Joel Edmundson is pointless in the last six games
- Morgan Rielly has one goal and six points in the last five games
- Travis Brown is on a five game point streak, he has seven assists in that time
- Sam Fioretti has three goals and four points in the last five games
- Justin Kirsch has four goals and six points in the last five games
- Carter Hansen has two assists in the last four games
- Andrew Johnson is pointless in the last four games
- Brayden Point has two goals in the last four games
- Tanner Eberle is pointless in the last three games
- Jordan Wyton is pointless in the last six games
- Torrin White has one assist in the last five games
Community Appearances… Coming up this week the Moose Jaw Warriors will once again be out in the community. Kendall McFaull will visit the Moose Jaw Union Hospital as part of the KCS Captains Care program, while Brayden Point will help make lunches for schools kids at Hunger in Moose Jaw. Wednesday several players will visit William Grayson School as part of the CIBC Read To Succeed program.
- Practice; Tuesday – Thursday, 3 to 5pm at Mosaic Place
- Games; Friday @ Brandon, Saturday v Seattle, Sunday v Calgary
- Community Appearance; Wednesday, William Grayson School, CIBC Read to Succeed